Recently, Challenge champions and podcast hosts Susie Meister and Sarah Rice caught up with Gauntlet champion Sarah Greyson on their podcast The Brain Candy Podcast. If you’ve never checked out their podcast I highly recommend it. Not only does it give you a good dose of Challenge facts and nostalgia but Sarah and Susie do a great job of covering human interest topics.
In their most recent podcast, we got to hear from Sarah Greyson, who has been off the Challenge scene for 13 years. In their interview with her we learned a couple of interesting things, not just about The Challenge but also about Sarah.
- Sarah is now an actress, and she makes a lot of her money doing commercials.
- She was 18 when she was cast on Road Rules, something we will never see again because the age minimum is now 21.
- She thought she was intended to be cast on The Real World, which would have the original Vegas season. She assumed she wasn’t cast because she was below the legal drinking age.
- She later learned she was cast for Road Rules intentionally, and she was put on the show because it wouldn’t be fun to watch athletic people always win. Basically, production wanted her to fail.
- She’s well-educated (like all of the people on the podcast). She has her master’s in library sciences.
- Despite being on Road Rules and The Challenge she still watches reality TV. She loves weight-loss shows.
- When going on The Gauntlet she thought she would be there for a weekend, get paid, and get sent home very quickly. However, she used the motivation of her team wanting her to fail to triumph and inevitably win.
- She has nothing but nice things to say about Theo, although it doesn’t appear they are still in contact.
- In fact, she is now in a relationship with a really cool (looking) guy. Prior the that she hadn’t been in a relationship for over 5 years.
- She still has dreams about The Challenge.
Glad to hear from Sarah! Make sure to click the link above and listen to her whole podcast.