All aboard the Fear Express. It’s taking competitors to Loops of Hell. Since there are only 8 people left, I’m going to rank them. Consider the top 4 LVPs and the bottom 4 MVPs.
This is not a full summary. If you want to know what happened, just stream the show on Paramount+.
8. Theo: Coming into the final, Theo seemed eager for a win. But, his foot slipped into a crack. He tried to push through it, but after miles of hobbling along, he tapped out. This is understanable because 16-miles is a lot with an injury.
7. Sarah: Whether you were rooting for or against Sarah this season, you need to give her credit for her compassion during Theo’s injury. It sucks that she had to lose in such a fashion, but at least she got a kind edit in the end.
6. Kaycee: On the first day, Kaycee & Troy were on Jordan & Kaz’s heels. On the second day, Kaycee became the anchor that slowed her team down. She entered the day feeling like her body was breaking, and toward the end, that became a reality. Troy had to carry her at one point, and while she pushed through to the end, that doesn’t take home a paycheck.
5. Danny: A second-place finish isn’t bad, but Danny seemed like he slowed down a lot on the second day. Of course, he was sleep deprived, and he did cross the finish line, but it seems like a part of his motivation died when Sarah departed.
4. Tori: While Tori spent most of the final playing catch-up, she displayed a lot of grit. She pushed through the eating portion and managed a second-place finish with the least sleep and a semi-fear of bikes. Clearly, this isn’t her best performance in a final, but it is a strong finish after a so-so season.
3. Troy: Despite losing, it’s clear Troy had more gas in the tank. Kaycee cost his team the victory, and if he was running solo against Jordan, it would have been a tighter race. Of course, that’s not the game, but he showed huge potential in this final.
2. Kaz: Though she was slightly more pessimistic than her partner, Kaz had the ability to get to the end. She kept up with Jordan, never gave up, and won another season. In fact, Kaz has never lost a season, which is a huge feat in the modern Challenge era.
1. Jordan: You have to give him credit, Jordan is great at these finals. He never seemed to break during this competition, and while he pushed Kaz, you can tell he learned from his experience with Aneesa. He did lose his composure at moments, but he was also motivating, and that helped get Kaz to the end.