MTV has finally announced their secret spin off, a show hosted by Victor Cruz (which is the reason some people speculated that TJ would be leaving The Challenge).
The special is a six-week competition placing ten pro athletes against ten Challenge champions. Who are these people? Well, MTV announced the list of pro athletes.
Here are the pros:
- Tia Blanco (professional surfer)
- Louise Hazel (Olympian and fitness expert)
- Lindsey Jacobellis (Professional snowboarder)
- Lolo Jones (Olympic hurdler, bobsledder, and world champion)
- Gus Kentworthy (professional skier and Olympic medalist)
- Shawne Merriman (retired NFL linebacker)
- CM Punk (UFC Fighter)
- Louie Vito (Snowboarder and Olympian)
- Kamerion Wimbley (Retired NFL star)
- Candice Wiggins (former WNBA athlete)
So who are the Challenge champs? Well, we’re gonna have to wait on that. Production is likely worried about spoiling the end of Invasion. However, I’ll give you a hint: this special may have renewed interest in The Challenge for some former champions for season 30. These are nine of the best players we’ve ever seen on the show, plus Nehemiah to remind everyone that The Challenge is a game show and not a real sport.